Ten Excellent Reasons to Hire a Qualified Massachusetts Real Estate Attorney for the Purchase or Sale of Your Home
Want some reasons why hiring a qualified Massachusetts Real Estate Attorney for the purchase or sale of your home is a wise investment? Here are 10 excellent reasons:
- Your Attorney will be there for you before, during and after the purchase
- Drafting, explanation and expert review of all legal documents with only your interests in mind, including Offer to Purchase, Purchase and Sale Agreement, and a full legal description of the property
- Negotiations with the opposing attorney on your behalf
- Monetary savings by avoiding an incomplete or insufficient contract
- Verification that any alterations or additions to the property were permitted legally
- Legal advice as to permits needed if the buyer has plans to change the property. A lawyer can explain whether zoning prohibits a two-family home or whether planned improvements violate zoning ordinances.
- Review of financial documents, including Mortgage documents
- Advice if your licensed inspector finds termites, asbestos, radon, hazardous waste, or an underground storage tank upon the property
- Advice on the legal consequences if the closing does not take place
- Preparation of the Deed and a myriad of other documents for the Closing
There may be last minute disputes about delivering possession of the premises and personal property or the adjustment of various costs, such as fuel and taxes. If you are the only person without an attorney, your rights may be at risk.
The closing process can be confusing and complex to the buyer and seller. Consider a qualified real estate attorney as your guide in these matters.